Using EE client for my own server?

Open topics and discussion for the Edge community.

Using EE client for my own server?

Postby squiblez » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:59 am

For like the 4th time in the last 10 years I've run out of fun things to do with my actual server. Doom, Build'n'Shoot, Minecraft, EO, my own MMO project, and god knows what else.

I recently resurrected it from the dead and wanted a new project, but vanilla EO seemed to bland, so i started working on my EOMUS project again(MP3/OGG/FLAC music addon for EO, including completely remade soundtrack with modernized versions of the music and support for virtually unlimited music) but everything was still kind of lame because I've been hearing it over and over and over for years now.

So I thought "New graphics!" but that was a dead end because I'm a loner and definitely not an artist(nor do I want to become one for a pet project).

So then I had the idea to login with the EE client and build on it slowly, using EE graphics and assets. And it's made creating a server quite fun again even if nobody plays.

Would it be considered acceptable for me to require users to instead download the EE client and play with that? Of course I would have them download it directly from the official source instead of redistributing it myself.
squiblez

Return to General Discussion